You are here

Insurance 4 That

Insurance 4 That

Home contents insurance provides you with peace of mind knowing that the stuff you’ve worked hard to collect, and treasure the most, is covered should the worst happen.

However, for some people, covering everything they own may be unnecessary.

That’s why NRMA Insurance has introduced Insurance 4 That.

What is Insurance 4 That?

Insurance 4 That is a flexible, single-item insurance plan that allows you to pick and choose the items in your home you want to insure, and for how much.

It’s an affordable alternative to a more traditional general insurance policy that might cover all your home’s contents.

Insurance 4 That covers items such as:

  • Laptops
  • Tablets
  • Cameras
  • Musical instruments
  • Mobile phones
  • Home theatre systems
  • Appliances
  • Desktop computers
  • Gaming consoles and accessories
  • Furniture

Who should use Insurance 4 That?

Insurance 4 That is ideal for people who live in apartments and depend on their portable items to maintain their lifestyle, for example students.

It’s also great for parents wanting to protect the laptops and tablets they buy their children for school.

What am I protected against?

When you take out an Insurance 4 That policy, you’re covered for the repair or replacement of the items you choose to insure in the event of theft, a fire, storm, cyclone or flood.

Insurance coverage for portable items

Of course some of the items in your home aren’t always going to stay in your home.

When you leave, maybe your laptop, guitar, camera or mobile phone goes with you – so what then?

Not to worry, for a small fee NRMA offers options that extend your cover for theft and/ or accidental damage to your portable items anywhere in Australia.

How much insurance can I get?

Insurance 4 That allows you to choose the amount you want to insure for (sum insured), so if you buy a $2,000 laptop you can insure it for $2,000, or less if you want.

Proof of value is not required to take out a policy but proof of ownership will be needed if the item is damaged or stolen and you need to make a claim.

Insurance that saves you time and money

Insurance 4 That gives you flexibility by letting you insure a single item and you can also choose to pay your premium in weekly, fortnightly, or monthly instalments to suit your budget.

If you choose to pay annually you'll get a 10% discount. 

What to do if you need to claim

Making a claim is easy because it’s all done online.

As mentioned already, if your item is damaged you’ll need to provide proof of ownership - like a receipt or a photo of the item.

If the item is stolen, you’ll also need to file a police report so you can provide the police report number when you make your claim.

Want to know more?

Find out more about single-item insurance on the FAQ section of the Insurance 4 That website. 

You might also like...